The purpose of the Healthband is to warn bystanders and first-aid workers when the person has a disease or illness. If the person wears a medical Healthband, the specific medical diseases or illnesses are shown on this bracelet.
It is definitely essential for persons who could lose the ability to speak because of their disease or illness, for instance loss of consciousness, but also anybody who is involved in a traumatic incident like a car-accident could become unconscious.
The bracelet can contribute to the necessary essential treatment.
It is frequently mentioned that a medical jewelry will speak for you when you are not able to.
What needs to be mentioned on the Medical bracelet when I have a disease or illness?
The bracelet needs to provide the most important information about the wearer of the bracelet.
- Disease or illness.
- Name, date of birth
- Contact details of the person(s) who need(s) to be called during an emergency. For this purpose the worldwide known abbreviation ICE (In Case Of Emergency) will be used.
Depending on the chosen braclet, the following information can also be engraved;
- Blood group
- Medication use
Edwin van den Hout
Diabetes Type 1
ICE: Cindy (wife)
(Note: Not every bracelet can be engraved on two sides, frequently the most essential information is then engraved on the front side, name, disease or illness and ICE.)
Your family doctor or treating doctor could help you in determining what the most essential information is for you.
What has to be engraved on a SOS-ID bracelet.
The following information is important to mention;
- Name (forename and or last name)
- Contact details of the person(s) who need(s) to be called during an emergency.
For this purpose the worldwide known abbreviation ICE (In Case Of Emergency) will be used.
- At a SOS-ID bracelet we advise (especially if the bracelet is for a child) the ICE message to be engraved on the front. This to preffent extra actions to the arm and bracelet.
Dean van den Hout
ICE: Edwin (papa)
+31 (0) 612345678
We always check if the chosen text fits on the chosen product, and make recommendations when we question whether the text will fit or be readable.
- how do I specify what I wanted to have engraved?
The desired text can be entered by clicking on the "engraving" button on the desired product.
A popup screen will appear, in this screen you can scroll down and find the boxes for the text with the number of characters per line
- How do I know what my wrist size is?
As soon as you found your style suitable bracelet you can determine which size bracelet you need.
The measurement of the wrist.
The measurement of the wrist can occur in a couple of ways:
- With the help of a rope, marker and ruler.
- With a measuring tape.
With the help of a rope.
- Determine the broadest part of your wrist.
- Roll the rope about 1,5 times around your wrist, don’t pull the rope too tight, but surely not too loose;
An index finger should still fit between your wrist and the rope.
- Draw a line over both ropes with a marker.
- Pull the rope from your wrist and measure the space between the two lines with the help of a ruler; this is the perimeter of your wrist and your size.
With a measuring tape.
- Determine the broadest part of your wrist.
- Roll the tape around your wrist and read the size where the beginning of the tape, touches the tape again.
Do not pull the tape too tight, but surely not too loose. An index finger should still fit between your wrist and the tape.
- The size read is the perimeter of your wrist and your size.
Now you know the size of your wrist, so you can look at the description of the item to see which size fits the best around your wrist.
Don’t take a size too small, think about the fact your wrist will expand when the weather is warm or when exercising.
Is the perimeter of your wrist 16.5 centimeters and does the size Small run to 16.5, order the size Medium.
- From which material are the bracelets made of?
From which material is the Healthband made of?
The most medical jewelry which Healthband offers, are made of a combination of several materials, like leather, rubber and stainless steel.
In our assortment we make a lot of use of stainless steel.
The properties of this product are sustainability and scratch resistant; thereby stainless steel is perfect for medical jewelry because it is hypoallergenic and therefore an allergic reaction will rarely appear by the owner of the jewelry.
The stainless steel which is used in our products is the type 316L, better known as surgical steel. Many of the medical jewelry which is provided on the internet are of the type 304 stainless steel.
Although both types are hypoallergenic, the type 316L has an increased resistance against corrosion.
Because of the variety of products which are provided by Healthband, there is a bracelet for every generation.
Because of the use of a variety of materials and combinations, there is a Healthband for everybody, and the designs are fashionable, elegant, stylish and comfortable to wear.
Because Healthband chooses for a combination of materials in its jewelry, the jewelry can also be worn by people with skin which is sensitive for metals. By some jewelry the stainless steel is separated from the skin through a different material.